The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Operator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
- Perform daily record, operate, and maintain chiller machine.
- Clean and operate cooling tower machine in the plant room and maintain plant pumps.
- Maintain, clean valves and wash filters of the air handling unit.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- OND in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have ability to read circuit diagram.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 11th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor and professional colleague.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.