The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We seek suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s project location in Yola:
Job Title: Partnerships & Government Relations Advisor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- In collaboration with the Activity’s senior management, identify all public and private sector organizations and agencies that share similar objectives with the Activity and advise on partnership;
- Liaise with such organizations and agencies set up meetings and follow up as necessary;
- Identify and liaise with all the relevant Government and security agencies and facilitate contracts, set up meetings as required and obtain necessary permits;
- Regularly provide updates from government and security agencies on deliveries, instructions, regulations and supports;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- First degree in Law (LLB, BL), Sociology, International Relations or related fields from an accredited university with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related role.
- The candidate must have extensive contracts with development, government, and security agencies in the North East especially Adamawa and Borno States and must have been performing similar liaison role for development organisation in the area.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Proven skills and experience in managing partnerships with public and private sector development agencies and liaison with Government and security agencies for development organizations.
- Have extensive contacts and demonstrated ability to relate excellently with senior government and security agencies, Activity staff and partners.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp and knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing, power point presentation and other MS Office applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented multicultural environment
- Demonstrated ability to plan and coordinate, monitor own work plans and deliver accurate and timely reports.
- Good ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize workloads, take initiatives and work under pressure
- Be able to work with minimum supervision and with tight deadlines
- Proficiency in English language with excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate in one or more Northern Nigeria’s major languages is an advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Application Closing Date
26th October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.