We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information and Communications Technology Assistant
Ref No: 1900992
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade Level: N/A
Duration: 6 months renewable
Post Number: N/A
- The main aim of the FAO country offices, which is headed by the FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, (crops livestock, fisheries and forestry sectors), and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Massive population displacements and insecurity in the Lake Chad basin have put livelihoods and food security at high risk.
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative and Technical Supervision of the IT Officer in the Country Office in close collaboration with the Emergency Coordinator.
- The Position's primary focus is on the areas of IT support and local IT operations in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states, user and desktop support (hardware and software), and helpdesk. Performs a variety of information technology support duties to ensure smooth delivery of the corporate IT services. Monitors, operates, or coordinates and assists others in the IT support and operation, in particular with the Office Technology Coordinator (OTC) in order to achieve desired results.
- The incumbent is accountable for the IT support and operation at the level of the FAO Emergency Response Prorammes in the North East of the Country. She/he is responsible to understand the corporate setup, rules, regulations and policy and fulfill all the needed competences, skills and certifications needed.
- Assist in the presentation of display materials and Video Conferencing events;
- Provide first line desktop support to users regarding hardware, software and network/internet issues
- Raise tickets for all IT related incidents in the Emergency office
- Receive, log and monitor requests related to IT matters concerning the Emergency Programmes, in the Service Desk LANDesk system, resolve IT-related issues pertaining to FAO standard equipment, escalate those issues that cannot be solved to the OTC in the Country Office, monitor progress and resolution.
- Provide support to missions to the Emergency offices,
Network and connectivity:
- Maintain an adaptable and effective office network infrastructure (LAN and WAN)
- Maintain the office technology and technical specification of the network infrastructure (LAN and WAN);
- Ensure security of the network by following security policies and report problems when they are detected.
- Keep track of IT assets and maintain the local office IT inventory list up-to-date;
- Monitor IT the use of FAO ICT equipment in accordance with the Organization’s rules
- Assist to assign new equipment to Emergency staff
- Support the IT Services according to the current policies and regulations, ensuring the timely provision of the Post Incident Report (PIR) to the Country office;
- Troubleshoot requests related to IT hardware, software and services issues, reporting and recording accordingly
- Manage all troubleshooting through helpdesk, prepare proper logs and keep records of completed tasks on the helpdesk ticketing tracking system.
- Support the Country OTC in providing all the needed assistance to the Emergency office in a timely manner (IT Management and Support matters);
- Identify the future needs in the office in terms of equipment, connectivity and informing the Country office;
- Prepare a Disaster and Incident recovery plan and ensure users are informed about the planning, execution, lesson learnt and proposed improvements;
- Be aware of all the IT Division policies and ensure to follow them accordingly.
- Quarterly report on all IT services, Internet, emails, laptop/desktop systems;
- Quarterly report on physical condition of IT equipment providing timely reports to the Country office for IT record.
- Provide IT assistance to staff and visitors for organizational related issues;
- Perform any other duty assigned by the OTC related with the IT Services;
- Stay committed and ready to take-up any assignment given by supervisor and senior management (FAOR).
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following:
- University degree or Higher National diploma (HND) in any of the following fields: Information Systems or Information Technology or Computer Sciences or other closely related fields
- Candidates with lower qualification but with compensating experience and proven competence can apply
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in ICT Support services including 2 years within UN agencies would be advantageous.
- Prior work experience gained in a Service Desk client orientated environment
- National of Nigeria.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good communication skills.
- Networking and IT Equipment support experience;
- Experience in MS O365 platform support;
- Hands on experience in Microsoft O365, systems installation and configuration;
- Strong understanding of desktop and laptop hardware set-up and configuration;
- Good communication skills;
- Team work;
- Qualifications & Experience
- Working with others
- Organizational skills
22nd May, 2019 10:59:00 PM.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
- Candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.