ICT Specialist at Sahel Consulting Agriculture and Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: ICT Specialist
About the Program
- Sahel, in collaboration with other partners, seeks to catalyze the local dairy sector in Nigeria in an inclusive way through a program that will improve the livelihoods, productivity, nutrition, and empowerment of smallholder female dairy farmers and the communities in which they live. The program will span 5 years and will:
- Advocate for an enabling environment for local sourcing through engagements with the government and relevant private sector stakeholders.
- Increase demand for locally sourced milk through partnerships with dairy processors currently or interested in sourcing locally.
- Improve smallholder dairy farmers’ productivity by increasing their access to technical support services and appropriate inputs.
- Empower women dairy farmers and enable them to improve their livelihoods and that of their households.
- Improve nutrition outcomes among smallholder dairy households through innovations in food systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage network system
- Recommend, purchase, install and troubleshoot software.
- Create training modules/ presentations/ user guides for staff and train on ICT related topics
- Provide technical support to Staff as the need arises
- Create and manage content (images, video and written).
- Conduct online advocacy
- Develop and expand community and/ or blogger outreach efforts
- Design (i.e. website, social media, newsletter, brochures, books, communication materials etc.)
- Design templates for consulting reports and presentations
- Design, create and manage promotions and campaigns
- Organize social media events for the company on key issues related to agriculture and nutrition
- Drive efforts to build the brand and create broad-based awareness in the public domain
- Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Set-up new devices and ensure each laptop/ desktop is connected to printers, scanners, photocopying machine, servers and other network resources that are required for the effectiveness and efficiency of the company.
- Periodically carry out routine checks on company devices (software and hardware) to ensure they function smoothly and are up to date.
- Make timely requests for device/ software shortage
- Maintain logs or records of fixtures, payments, renewals, maintenance, upgrades etc.
- Ensure remote staff are advised and their ICT needs are met
- Ensure system optimization of the entire staff
- Develop ICT strategies, policies and procedures
- Protect the company’s data from unauthorized parties (external/ internal)
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Computer science, Engineering, Information & Communications Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in the ICT field/ Graphics Designing/ IT
- Good knowledge and application skills in online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Excellent IT, presentation, management, consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Training/ experience and certification in Oracle, Microsoft, CompTIa A+, Cisco, other communication systems, internet, data encryption, networks, intranet developments are added advantages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Adequate knowledge of web design, web development, Conversion Rate Optimisation and Search Engine Optimisation is an added advantage
- Experience in dealing with hackers is an added advantage
- Positive attitude, good team player, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organisational ability.
- Highly flexible and ability to set priorities
- Fluency in English
Application Closing Date
Open till filled.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls