Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a nonprofit nongovernmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR & Finance Assistant
: Kebbi / Sokoto
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Tenure: 1 year (Renewable)
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project inKebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID. The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
- The HR & Finance Assistant manages project human resources and office functions.
- He/She will support the Finance and Administration Managers to conduct recruitment, maintain personnel files, and ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
Responsibilities for HR & Finance Assistant
- Implement recruitment of short and long term personal through collection and verification of candidate documentation.
- Organize and participate in review of job applications, candidate shortlisting, and interviews.
- Liaise with local newspapers and other forum to place job vacancy announcement.
- Ensure recruitment and personnel actions are compliant with DAI policies and procedures, contract requirements, USAID regulations, and local labor law.
- Support logistical arrangements for project activities.
- Supervise the booking of travel and accommodation arrangements for traveling staff and consultants.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in office administration, including at least 2 years in human resources.
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software.
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Fluency in English is required.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.