We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Partnerships Director
Group: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
- Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners.
- Winrock is seeking a Grants and Partnerships Director for long-term assignment for a USAID funded project that will support agriculture extension & advisory services in Nigeria. The project will increase smallholder farmers’ productivity, incomes, and household nutrition status in seven Feed the Future (FTF) focus states across four geographic zones in Nigeria (Kebbi, Niger, Kaduna, Benue, Ebonyi, Cross-River, and Delta) through strengthening sustainable agricultural extension and advisory services. The project will particularly focus on aquaculture, cowpea, maize, rice, and soybean value chains.
- Provide overall management, leadership, and oversight to all aspects of grant funding including pre-awards assessments, awards, implementation, subrecipient monitoring and evaluation, and final disposition and close-outs.
- Develop and implement program’s grant strategy and in consultation with program staff and stakeholders identify and prioritize funding opportunities thru socio-economic analysis.
- Develop grant fund communication and monitoring strategy.
- Through the grant fund, develop mechanisms to facilitate private sector engagement and investment among various levels of target value chains.
- Prepare and supervise relevant work plans, financial, logistical and other reporting documents in compliance with funding agreements.
- Develop systems and support team efforts to monitor, track and report related grants fund management and audit recommendations.
- Education: B.S. or equivalent University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Degree in business, accounting, economics, public administration, or a related field
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible professional experience
- A minimum of five (5) years grants and contracts experience required
- Financial management skills and experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading sub award solicitation, selection, awarding, monitoring and closeout of a large grants program
- USAID grant making experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private sector partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in conducting due diligence tests in the form of pre-award assessments; financial reviews or audits; or some other form of accountability assessments
- Nigeria experience required
- Strong communication and English writing skills. Preferred fluency in Hausa, Pidgin, or Yoruba desired
- Demonstrated experience in soliciting for grantees, awarding grants and managing and mentoring grantees for results; Experience in conducting due diligence tests in the form of pre-award surveys and risk assessments; financial reviews or audits; or some other form of accountability assessments.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online