Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: FSL Officer – Cash Based Transfer & Social Protection (CBT-SP)
Job type: Full Time
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Department: Programmes – FSL Mid Level
Direct Line Manager: FSL Sector Manager.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Provide support for the successful implementation of the social protection component of the program at LGA level:
- Facilitate community mobilization towards social protection activities.
- Work with traditional committees to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable beneficiaries for cash or food voucher support.
- Ensure IDPs and host communities provide information to ensure accountability, fairness, and transparency during cash or voucher disbursement activities.
- Work closely with community structures to follow up on the implementation of planned activities with support from the FSL sectors.
- Support in the implementation of capacity building training including Field Training Workshops for the target beneficiaries at the LGA level.
- Directly implement in the field the activities defined in the program in close collaboration with the FSL CBT-SP Assistant and Community stakeholders.
- Contribute to developing and implementing a detailed work plan for the FSL team at LGA level activities in collaboration with FSL Assistant.
- Contribute to organizational and sector-wide learning through documentation of lessons learned, best practices, evaluations, etc. on the social protection component of the program.
- Contribute to FSL internal and external social protection reports including case studies and success stories etc
Objective 2 – Collate information and data on social protection activities at the LGA level through surveys, assessments, regular post distribution monitoring, and field supervision visits of beneficiary households:
- Supervise and collect information to ensure that the surveillance of the social protection situation in the area of implementation of the program is achieving the expected result when required.
- Supervise and collect the required information in the field to facilitate the capacity building and training program, with the support of the FSL CBT-SP Assistants.
- Support the M&E team in the analysis of beneficiary data collection through the various tools that the department uses.
- Coordinate closely with the FSL CBT-SP DPM to ensure that cross-LGA programs are being implemented in synergy.
- Coordinate closely with the FSL (Agro recovery and economics strengthening), Nutrition, WASH teams in different LGAs on cross-learning to revise and improve approaches.
- Participate in and inform longer-term discussions with the program team (FSL, WASH, and nutrition) regarding program implementation strategy.
- Support M&E team in activities monitoring (beneficiary targeting, identification, registration, and training; market and livelihood assessments; baseline and end-line surveys, post distribution monitoring, price monitoring, field monitoring visits, focused group discussions (FGD), etc)
- Contribute to the development of tools to monitor and improve the quality of FSL social protection programming.
- Support the preparation of documentation required for the implementation of field activities.
- Ensure harmonization of program operating plans and protocols across the program as well as the mission, with the help of technical support from FSL DPM, review tools and approaches, and ensure that technical standards, guidelines, and methodologies are communicated and understood
Objective 3 – Mobilization and awareness-raising about the organization, social protection objectives, and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level):
- Contribute to the development of project community mobilization strategies for targeting and registration of beneficiaries for the social protection activities.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about social protection activities and strengthening livelihood restoration activities with support from relevant State, LGA, and community stakeholders, in feasible livelihood restoration activities at the LGA level.
- Support in the verification of the beneficiaries to ensure the identification and selection of the most vulnerable population is verified based on project proposal and organization policies before social protection intervention is made.
- Support the FSL sector manager effective facilitation of care group model session and
- Support the FSL sector manager in ensuring that targeting of beneficiaries to receive cash-based social protection interventions is carried out in a transparent way that guarantees protection and gender sensitivity in the field way and with the active participation of women, men, and minority members of communities.
- Facilitate the good working relationships between the state, LGA, community-level stakeholders, and target beneficiaries
Objective 4 – Participate in regular internal and external coordination for the program at LGA and state levels when required:
- Collaborate with all other ACTION AGAINST HUNGER departments and sectors to ensure the project activities are integrated into line with Logistics, Finance, HR and security procedures, and SoPs
- Collaboration with other partners including relevant state government ministries, INGOs, NGOs, CBOs, and the UN working in assigned LGA
- Work in collaboration with the communities and local leaders at all stages of project implementation
- Ensure that the project (implementation of social protection activities) is well represented in regular LGA level meetings and forums
- Ensure proper records are kept of all expenditure and usage of materials, and cash advances received from finance are properly retired after each activity
- Ensure that documentation is properly done for all cash distributed (donation certificates, delivery notes, beneficiary lists, and supply request order)
- Preparation of weekly movement plan for assigned LGA according to the team plan.
Objective 5 – Reporting and Performance Management:
- Coordinate with FSL CBT-SP assistants to compile and submit monthly activity reports
- To provide reports according to the request of the FSL CBT-SP deputy program manager (Bi-weekly updates, success stories, case studies, etc.)
- Participate in writing situation reports with information on food security, security information at the community as needed and / or requested
- Including, but not limited to: Compiles weekly and monthly reports and ensuring timely submission of such written reports to the FSL CBT-SP DPM for consolidation and sharing with the Multi-sectoral Project Manager.
- Communicate Action Against Hunger performance standards and expectations to team members which includes; 10 minutes monthly conversation, 3 months / end of probation performance appraisal, and annual / end of contract appraisal.
- Establish performance objectives, provide feedback, identify strengths and areas for professional improvement.
- Contribute to the professional development and improvement of team members by providing support
- B.Sc / HND in Agric Economics, Business Management, Sociology and any relevant field.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict / insecure contexts.
- Previous experience with food security and livelihoods programming.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Strong computer literacy, organizational and planning skills, report writing, and budget oversight.
- Commitment to upholding Action Against Hunger’s values, excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, and other local languages (Fulani and Kanuri)
- Commitment to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER mission, values, and policy
- Previous experience managing FSL interventions (i.e. cash based transfer, IGA, agriculture / livelihoods).
- Previous experience with ACTION AGAINST HUNGER.
- Experience implementing programming on behalf of the donor (i.e. USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA) funded activities
Minimum Basic Salary
N236,585 NGN per month
Application Closing Date
Thursday, 15th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.