Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Web Developer – Nourishing Africa
Location : Lagos
Job Description / Overview
- Sahel Consulting and its partners have created an online platform called Nourishingafrica.com that will be the ‘Home for 1 Million Agri-Food Entrepreneurs Transforming Africa’s Agricultural Landscape’.
- The mission of Nourishing africa is to “attract, empower, equip, connect and celebrate over 1 Million dynamic and innovative young entrepreneurs who will drive the profitable and sustainable growth of the African agriculture and food landscapes”.
- As such, this hub serves as a platform for these stakeholders to accelerate their work, connect with each other, and celebrate their successes on the continent. The portal includes information on funding, e-learning, data on the sector, African food and chefs, career opportunities, and other resources to develop one’s career in the agri-food industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Code well designed, testable, efficient software by using best development practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Manage front-end visuals and information.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling of the Nourishing Africa online hub
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Serve as the lead advisor to the team on appropriate cyber security measures to implement in carrying out its daily operations
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade security measures
- Troubleshoot both security and network issues
- Identify, report and respond to system and/or network security breaches
- Design graphics for Nourishing Africa material
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Experience in web developing and management of expansive knowledge and learning platform
- Experience in graphic designing
- Ability to code and create front end and back-end functions
- Experience in cyber-security tasks including intrusion detection, incident response and computer forensics.
- Experience working with firewalls, routers, intrusion detection systems and intrusion prevention systems.
- Knowledge of popular security suites.
- A passion for agriculture and nutrition in Africa
- Available to start immediately.
Job Title: Entrepreneur Engagement Associate
- The Entrepreneur Engagement Associate position is for young professionals with a passion for agribusiness, interested in getting exposed to a variety of private-sector interventions in the sector. Entrepreneur Engagement Associates have the opportunity to work with SMEs across multiple value chains in the agriculture sector, from farm to fork, across Africa.
In this role, you will be required to fulfill the following primary responsibilities working with the Nourishing Africa Team:
- Evaluate business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions.
- Lead reviews of business plans and develop recommendations for engagement.
- Analyze, track, and report impacts of entrepreneur engagement programs and campaigns to the management.
- Leverage a variety of tools to manage an efficient entrepreneur engagement process.
- Engage potential, new, and existing entrepreneur members on the Nourishing Africa platform.
- Provide tailored leadership and coaching to entrepreneurs on the Nourishing Africa hub.
- Create strategic roadmaps to onboard new entrepreneurs and establish benchmarks for their success with Nourishing Africa.
- Provide an informed customer-focused feedback loop into the product design and management.
- Drive entrepreneur retention and adoption of features and new products on the Nourishing Africa hub and find new growth areas.
- Conduct meetings with agri-food SMEs and relevant stakeholders and create reports and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Create complete bibliography and contacts list of all entrepreneurs and other stakeholders engaged.
- Support the management on other Nourishing Africa initiatives as requested
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
- We are looking for candidates with a passion for the agriculture sector and entrepreneurship development that are also driven and self-starters.
Below are key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Management, Economics, Finance or related discipline.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business background with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a consulting firm or in a business development role, working with SMEs in Nigeria or other parts of Africa.
- Ability to write and review business plans.
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments.
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to develop acceptable solutions.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Willingness to travel.
- Position based: Lagos, with occasional travels across Africa as necessary.
Job Title: Intern-Content Creator and Curator
- The Intern position is for young University graduates or National Youth Service Corps members with a passion for research and digital content creation, interested in getting exposed to the agriculture sector.
In this role, you will be required to fulfil the following primary responsibilities working as a member of the Nourishing Africa team:
- Prepare well-structured original content for the Nourishing Africa Hub
- Source, review, proofread and upload relevant content to the Hub
- Create questionnaires, polls and other feedback tools to apply to the Hub
- Curate and analyze feedback from entrepreneurs on the Hub and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist the team in creating interactive strategies and campaigns to reach target
- audiences using the latest technologies and innovative practices
- Conduct industry-related research and interviews
- Assist the creative team with the design and promotion of content on social networks
- Assist in editorial coverage for all Nourishing Africa offline and online engagements
- Suggest new ways to promote Nourishing Africa offerings and to reach consumers.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements
We are looking for candidates who are creative, self-motivated, committed to excellence, with a passion for the agriculture sector. Below are the key qualifications that we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Arts or Social Sciences, especially English Language, Journalism, Communications or related discipline
- Possess strong and effective verbal, written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of multimedia and design including infographics, videos and posters
- Strong research skills, including primary and secondary research
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required
- Proficient in the use of image, audio and video editing tools
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative
- Ability to work collaboratively with others
- Knowledge of entire Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Fluency in French is a plus, but not required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Web Developer: Nourishing Africa” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.