Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a nonprofit nongovernmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Clerk
Kebbi & Sokoto
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Tenure: 1 year (Renewable)
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project inKebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID. The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanner.
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes.
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents.
- Update existing data.
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics or related field.
- A minimum 1 year of directly relevant experience required.
- Proven experience as data entry clerk.
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Good command of English both oral and written.
- Great attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.