Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a nonprofit nongovernmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Controls Engineer
Job Type: Contract Full Time
Tenure: 6 Months
About the Project
- GHI is implementing the Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project inKebbi and Sokoto states in collaboration with USAID. The project components involve integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region.
- The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is March 2021.
- Controls Engineer would be responsible for the development of the embedded micro-controller that would interface with both the water flow detection subsystem and the cloud reporting platform.
- In the role of a controls engineer, you will oversee the production of various types of equipment and systems. An important competency in this position is to research, test, and analyze ideas for possible system and process improvements. Success in this role will be demonstrated by meeting safety and quality standards while driving revenue increases through improved production processes.
- Coordinates with others in order to determine problems and implement solutions.
- Provides technical assistance as needed by internal customers.
- Define performance metrics.
- Manage relation with vendors.
- Troubleshooting issues with hardware and processes.
- Work with others to detect problems and implement solution.
- Maintain quality and safety standards are upheld
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 3 years of work experience in a related field.
- Technical proficiency in some software applications.
- Excellent communication skills and AutoCAD skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to determine customer needs to develop project specifications and scope.
- Ability to interpret and implement specifications.
Application Closing Date
26th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.