- Company: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Ref Code: ALA070219
Reports To: Director of Early Recovery & Resilience (DERR)
- The objective of this role is to provide technical guidance on agriculture and livelihoods to CRS Nigeria programming in the Northeast focused on recovery and resilience.
- The Agriculture and Livelihoods Adviser will work with the Northeast Emergency Team and Country Program Agriculture Unit to ensure emergency and development approaches are blended together in the delivery of agriculture and livelihoods projects.
- S/he will design and implement recovery and resilience programs that increase agricultural production, productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and other value chain actors.
- The Adviser will ensure adherence to CRS’ technical quality standards in program design and implementation, and will represent CRS Nigeria in key technical working groups, partner forums, and to the government where required.
- Working closely with the business development team, s/he will contribute to concept notes, proposals, intelligence gathering and partnership development and management.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of Master’s degree in Agriculture or a related field
- At least six (6) years of working experience in livelihoods, agriculture, nutrition, WASH, food security or governance program;
- Understanding of donor grant provisions, policies, procedures, guidelines and priorities, including reporting requirements.
- Excellent situational leadership style; strategic; analytical; participatory; and supportive and mentoring.
- Excellent partnership skills and the ability to interact effectively with donors, collaborating agencies, and local partners demonstrated through close work experience with international organizations.
- Effective negotiation and representation skills to mentor program teams to follow quality standard and facilitate learning from each other.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to understand the current best practices and challenges while coordinating the implementation of program strategies through a participatory approach.
- Flexibility, persistence, and ability to work well with people through cross cultural skills
- Demonstrated commitment to improving gender equality and gender responsiveness in programming and operations.
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally as required.
- Excellent English language oral and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Northern Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 50% of time.
Application Closing Date
20th February, 2019 by COB – 5:00pm
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "CRS Application Form" using the link below, fill and send with a detailed Resume as one document (in a PDF Format) indicating the position being applied for and the Job Ref Code as the subject of the application (e.g. Program Assistant ALA070219) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Click here to Download Application Form (Doc.) Note
- CRS is an equal – Opportunity employer, does not discriminate based on race, color, religion and we are committed to gender sensitive programming and management’.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
- Statement of Commitment to Protection:
- ‘’CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.