Assistant Project Manager – Livelihood at CARE International
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager – Livelihood
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Project Manager Livelihood
- The Assistant Project is responsible for managing the Livelihood team at a Local Government Area (LGA). This team will work very closely with the community, project participants (beneficiaries), State Authorities, LGA Authorities, national and International NGOs, national partners, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) to ensure effective planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Livelihood interventions.
- The incumbent will ensure that projects are implemented as per the approved proposals and CARE’s programming approach. The incumbent is responsible for preparation of high quality reports in a timely manner.
Scope of Work
- Assist the Project Manager and act in his/her absence.
- Overall supervision of Livelihood activities
- Supervise Livelihood staff at the LGA
- Provide technical input to Livelihood encompassing Agriculture, Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLA)
- Supervise field studies, assessments etc.
- Prepare high quality timely project field reports at
- Identify training needs for staff and inform project manager
- Prepare monthly project implementation plans
- Prepare monthly budget of the Livelihood activities in the LGA and submit to the Project manager
- Carry out direct reports performance appraisals as required in a timely manner.
- Effectively represent CARE at the LGA before the LGA authorities, communities, national and
- Participate in workshops, trainings and meetings organized by CARE and other agencies and contribute effectively to the success of the events.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to by project manager or his/her designate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Business Management, Food Security, Livelihood, Community Development or relevant field with minimum 3 years working experience in related field
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in emergency, relief and development.
- Experience in Agronomy, Agricultural Extension, Livelihoods, Micro and medium women businesses, gender and nutrition.
- Solid experience of community mobilization approaches and coordination with governments
- Experience in emergency response and / or development projects
- Specific experience of application of relevant approaches, methodologies, practices.
- Experience working with international NGOs
- Strong supervisory and communication skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines yet effectively coordinate program activities with other CARE projects and other similar interventions being implemented in the same operational area.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Microsoft Office Package skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CARE’s ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse.
Application Closing Date
28th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document to: [email protected] using the Position & Location in Capslock e.g. ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER – LIVELIHOOD – DIKWA as the subject of the email.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.