Saro Agrosciences Limited - Saro Agro Solution is a business division of Saro Agrosciences created in line with a vision of aligning Saro Agrosciences with global mega trends (Self, Social and Environment). Saro Agro solution is committed to ensuring that consumers of local produce have access to high quality, safe and traceable food items produced the way they want.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric Assistant
Ikom, Cross River
Employment Type: Contract
- The Agric Assistant is charged with responsibility of working directly with farmers to provide technical support that will help them adopt modern farming techniques and boost productivity.
- He/She will work in the marketing unit of Saro Agro-solution to ensure that farmers adopt the Crop Management Program of SARO, supervise Spray Service Provider to offer specialized services to farmers and ensure that yield target are met.
- He/ she will also be responsible for driving sales of Saro Agro-solution within farmers group within the assigned territory.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Promote the adoption of Saro Crop Management program to ensure that farmer increase their yield and quality
- Recruitment of farmers and formation into groups for easy of monitoring and training to adopt SARO crop management
- Engage and Supervise Spray Service Providers (SSPs) to ensure that farmers are supported with complimentary services
- Understand farmers challenges and recommend appropriate solutions to address these challenges
- Provide training and other technical support for the farmers within his catchment that will ensure that farmers productivity improves
- Generate market insight for new product development
- Monitor competitors’ activities and report same for decision making
- Maintain database of farmer within the catchment
- Keep record of farming activities of farmers within catchment-Date of planting, date of herbicide application, etc.
- Regular reporting to line manager on the activities of farmer and progress achieved
- Monitor and report on competitors’ activities.
Education and Experience
- B.Sc / HND in Agriculture or other related Sciences
- 1 year experience
- Required age: Below 30 years.
- Must be residence in Ikom.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoints, or related software.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Condition of Appointment:
- Contract basis for 6 months in the first instance and can become permanent base on satisfactory performance.
Application Closing Date
11th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online