Farmcrowdy is a global Agtech company focused on helping stakeholders in the food value chain maximize their output and increase their profits with technology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agribusiness Development Officer
Contract Duration: Full – time
Reports to: Senior Manager Agribusiness
Job Description / Role
- The Agribusiness Development Officer work on all agribusiness projects for the FC Aggregation unit of Farmcrowdy. This will involve all activities that revolve in project planning & execution; also all offline and online commodity trading activities of the FC aggregation.
- The successful candidate will work directly with other colleagues in the unit and also other units within the organization such as FC Foods, FC Tech, FC Marketing and other colleagues who are responsible for essential services as concerns all agribusiness matters.
- To develop concept notes and project proposals; project scope would be within the agric value chain which could include core production, warehousing, distribution and processing.
- Project planning, developing, integration and effective monitoring of activities for any given approved project proposal to ensure compliance, quality assurance and successful execution within stipulated time frame.
- Source for arable land within potential and existing farming communities that could be engaged for small-scale or large-scale core production (farming) projects embarked upon by the company.
- Liaise with project partners e.g input partners, mechanization partners, extension officers in developing EOP (Economics of Production) and executing each project.
- Develop reports for all weekly operational activities for all of the projects embarked on.
- Conduct a detailed risk assessment and SWOT analysis on all agribusiness projects
- Research and implement plans that would mitigate all forms of risks identified at each stage of the product; i.e. planning to post-production and market distribution
- Formulate and design Critical Success Factors, Key Performance Indicators as well as Monitoring and Evaluation methodology for various stakeholders in proposed projects.
- Facilitate and co-ordinate all offline and online trading processes and activities using technology powered technical field specialists.
- Logistics partners and Offtaker engagement for local and international trade.
- Commodity sourcing for viable farm produce for and on behalf of the unit.
- Research, processing and acquisition of certification, documents, and licenses required to facilitate projects and trade transactions.
- Work with existing Field officers (Technical Field Specialists) in the FC aggregation unit in any and all of the ongoing activities of the unit (Projects & Trading activities)
- Submit weekly reports on all tasks assigned; to the Senior Manager, Agribusiness Unit
- Attend all meetings within the department
- Work with the tech team in ensuring accurate information and a smooth work flow for all offline and online trading activities
- Represent the company at events & meetings that are Agribusiness related; as directed.
- Support other activities of the FC Foods unit, as directed by the Senior Manager, Agribusiness
- Work with the data team in ensuring accurate database of all stakeholders engaged by Farmcrowdy i.e. Farmers, Input Suppliers (and pricing of all supplies), Farmers’ co-operatives, Extension Officers for each locale.
Ideal candidates for this role should have the following:
- Proven track record on managing Farm projects
- Proven track record on agric commodity trading
- An average of 2 – 5 years experience in any or both of the activities mentioned above
- Project Management skills
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Presentation Skills
- Excellent written & communication Skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to use Project Management software (added advantage)
- Experience with working with grass root farmers and traders in their communities
- Experience in working with Farmers’ co-operatives in different Local Governments
- Detail oriented
- Market savvy: as relates to commodity markets and pricing
- Willingness to travel on short notice
- Must demonstrate ownership of an Agric Support Network
- Must belong to a Professional Body (Group) that is related/affiliated to Agriculture
- Must have access to Federal (State) Ministries and or Parastatals which are responsible for Agriculture (Products, Equipment and otherwise).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: [email protected] The subject title of the application should include the role being applied for e.g. ‘Application for Agribusiness Development Officer'
- Farmcrowdy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to increasing diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
- You may also include a link to your linkedin profile in the application
Application Deadline 10th February, 2021.