Old Mutual is a premium African financial services organisation that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key market segments in 14 countries. The lines of business include Life and Savings, Property and Casualty, Asset Management and Banking and Lending.
We are rooted in our purpose of Championing Mutually Positive Futures Every Day and believe that a great customer experience is anchored in a great employee experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Underwriter (Retail)
Job Requisition ID: JR-23342
Employment Type: Full time
- The purpose of the role is to provide quality underwriting outcomes for the retail/personal lines through effectively maintaining underwriting standards and providing quality client and broker service.
- Responsible for collating statistical information into daily, weekly and monthly formats/reports.
- Uses specialist technical knowledge to assess risk for business and/or specific products.
- Uses specialist technical knowledge to evaluate and manage the validity of contracts.
- Determine, select and accept risk and/or liability on behalf of the organization.
- Evaluates proposals against business rules and practices.
- Follows standardised processes and provides administrative support in line with normal business functioning.
- Delivers on daily production standards and adheres to service and quality standards.
- Provides service to customers and intermediaries.
- Responds to immediate requirements within procedure.
Key Result Areas
- Responds to immediate underwriting requirements within procedure
- Follows standardized processes and provides underwriting support in line with normal business functioning.
- Delivers on daily production standards.
- Uses standard underwriting techniques to coordinate own work.
- Collates statistical information in predetermined formats.
- Integrates data into daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
- Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality.
- Documentation Processing
- Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
- Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
- Accepts and lives the company values.
- Performs quality checks on own work.
- Adheres to service and quality standards
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree or its equivalent.
- Good underwriting skills,
- Technical/insurance product knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office suite
Application Closing Date
18th May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online