In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for:
Job Title: State Team Leader
Location : Adamawa
Department: Atiku Center (AENEN)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Three (3) Years
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded "Addressing education in North East Nigeria"
- The project is intended to develop and strengthen the education system in Adamawa and Gombe States which will enable it to deliver access to high quality education options that respond to the needs of all children without burdening it with addition cost that will result if parallel systems are created.
- The project will work with state partners and national and international academic institutions to analyze and understand the situation, prepare strategies for various scenarios and test and apply the best fit purpose in each situation. In 3 years, the project will reach 200 schools, 5000 teachers and over 200,000 learners.
- The state team leader is the administrative and technical lead for the project in the respective states.
- As head of office, all staff in the specific state report to this position holder.
- S/he will ensure adherence to financial and administrative processes and support technical staff to carry out their core functions.
- S/he is the representative of the Chief of Party in each state and will ensure that all staff adhere to project standards.
- The position holder reports to the Chief of Party
- MA/MS in Pure and or Social Sciences
- 3 years’ experience in project management
- 3 years’ experience managing staff
- Great communication skills
- Good understanding of local customs
- Good understanding of Nigeria labor laws
- Good ICT skills to be tested
- A good report writer (to be assessed)
- Average knowledge of project finance and procurement processes (to be tested).
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
Application Closing Date
26th April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: email@example.com The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.