Total is the fifth largest publicly-traded integrated oil and gas company in the world, with 100,000 employees in more than 130 countries worldwide. Our size and performance rank us as one of the top five global oil companies. “We are among the majors that invest the most in exploration. More importantly, our teams are highly motivated. They have a real pioneering spirit we must keep cultivating!”.
Offer ID: 18403BR
Location: Lagos-EKO1 TWR(NGA)
Métier: Procurement General Responsibilities, Procurement Process, Procurement Support, FreightForwarding&MaterialsMgt
Employment type: Regular position
Branch: Exploration and Production
- Ensure alignment with Company HSE rules, procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation
- Ensure compliance of the Freight Forwarding processes with Company rules and all applicable laws and regulation
- Ensure that all safety requirements such as certifications, identifications, etc. are fully complied as per company requirements and local government regulations
- Organize, structure, coordinate and report gaps on company referential compliance in Freight Forwarding activities
- Ensure the good administration and filing of all the Freight Forwarding documents in line with the applicable procedures
- Consolidate the planning related to shipments and customs clearance of goods
- Coordinate international logistics from material origin across the world to delivery at reception facility in Nigeria under the guidance of the Nigerian Law / regulations and in compliance to the company rule.
- Supervise, mentor and monitor the Freight Forwarding officers to ensure adherence to the statutory requirements. Assist Transit Manager in the Contracts Committee during the Call-for-Tender
- Liaise with Base Logistics, reception and warehousing personnel to ensure efficient operations and cargo deliveries
- Liaise with the banks and government appointed shipment inspection agents on every shipment for appropriate duty payment classification in conformance to the statutory requirement
- Liaise effectively with government agencies (eg: NAFDAC, Customs, NPA) to secure relevant permits and approvals for importation activities
- Ensure appropriate and correct shipping documents are obtained from the suppliers, freight forwarders, airlines, banks, government appointed pre-shipment inspection agents, etc.
- Optimize the activities of third party service provides and evaluate their performance
- Ensure that all import activities and shipping documentation are transacted and updated
- Ensure key performance indicators are reported and followed up. Prepare periodic shipping activity reports in line with Company rules
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments
- Supervise foreign purchases invoice certification reception, Freight Forwarding banking activities, import duties and shipping payments
- Be abreast of the market, participate to the follow-up and evaluation of clearing and freight forwarders
- Proffer advisory role on customs clearing and shipping procedure guidance to service contractors with DDU/ DDP materials.
- Participates in shipping contracts, procedures and policy formulation
- Prepare service level agreements for freight forwarders and clearing agents
- Negotiate and handle settlements for material damages arising from operations in relations with Insurance
- Ensure adequate record keeping of customs documents, notices, government regulatory documents and documentations of other third parties.
- Minimum of 2.1 Bachelor’s degree in any Social Science, Science, Business Management or Engineering discipline
- At least 6 – 10 years relevant experience in International trade, Import/Export/Shipping activities preferably in relation to the Oil and Gas sector
- Knowledgeable on INCOTERMS, laws and regulations applicable to Freight Forwarding and importation
- Demonstrable general knowledge of the industry
- Ability to use and enrich market intelligence information, cost models, target prices, etc
- Good negotiation and team management skills
- Good command of English language, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and Operational functions will be an added advantage
- Knowledge across all the disciplines of Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com .