Arch-Vision Workgroup is a leading project management consulting firm in Nigeria specialising in comprehensive project management services. We assist clients with high-value projects achieve their project goals and business objectives. As part of our services, we support organisations in the management and realisation of their strategic initiatives and projects.
All our project teams work with a disciplined, dedicated and highly professional approach to managing projects and delivering business results. Our long reputation for honesty and integrity in business dealings instills the necessary trust and confidence we enjoy from our clients and the teams we work with.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager - Developments / Construction
Job Ref: E427
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Category: Project Management
We are seeking a Project Manager in the Development / Construction Sector :
- The Project Manager is accountable for the entire project scope and project team. Accountable for managing project teams and stakeholders to ensure all project deliverables and KPIs are met or exceeded in accordance with the Contract and agreed Project Management Plan.
- The role has the overall responsibility for the successful, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects.
- Responsible for overall project management in ensuring that the requirements of all the functional areas of our project management consulting services are met.
- Facilitate the development of the project Management Plan
- Establish and implement metrics that measure project performance
- Review, monitor and report the project performance and identify areas for improvement using appropriate tools and techniques
- Conduct post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Clarify the specific requirements of each project and manage the documentation, review, and validation of all client/project requirements
- Estimate the resource required to achieve project goals and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Verify the interim and final project deliverables against the original scope all through the project lifecycle
- Manage the process for request and approvals of all scope changes in the project.
- Manage all financial elements of the project, such as monitoring and reporting construction project costs, reviewing requests for progress payments, and controlling all the activities that can impact the project cost
- Keep all financial records for the project up to date
- Develop a detailed project schedule and manage changes to the schedule using appropriate verification techniques
- Track project progress and account for unforeseen delays and their causes
- Develop and take the Corrective and Preventive Actions required to keep the project on schedule
- Oversee quality control throughout project life cycle
- Manage the documentation of all quality records and track them to ensure corrective actions are performed and all non-conformances are closed
- Coordinate inspections, quality assessments and all QAQC activities with the project team to ensure that all quality standards and objectives are met
- Review and approve construction plans, method statements, job safety analyses and/or ensure that those responsible carry them out appropriately
- Negotiate, prepare, and manage contracts and work orders for all contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and technical partners and ensure that appropriate contractual obligations are assigned
- Organize and coordinate the tender process for the selection of consultants, contractors and other goods and service providers
- Supervise all procurement activities to ensure that all project objectives are met
- Proactively and consistently identify, assess, monitor, and document potential risks including their interdependencies and develop effective mitigation strategies to address risks
- Identify, track, and resolve day-to-day project issues and escalate issues according to the issue management framework
- Manage the project risk register and ensure the implantation of all risk responses.
- Coordinate and conduct all project related meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members and track all action points and status of assigned tasks
- Facilitate effective communication among all project team members to ensure all project objectives are met
- Manage the preparation, distribution of all project reports and ensure
- Develop forms and records to document project activities and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Manage the change control process and facilitate the effective processing of all change requests to ensure that changes are controlled,
- Manage the documentation and communication of all project changes and update the Project Management Plan with the project changes
- Coordinate the effective evaluation of all project changes with the project team and ensure all parties are informed of the impacts on project objectives
- Lead the project team in accordance with the Project Management Plan and AVW Policies and Procedures
- Manage the performance of all direct-reports and establish clear responsibilities and their personal performance objectives in line with project goals
- Work with the PMO Unit to interview, select and recruit staff/resource persons with appropriate skills for the project
- Coordinate cross-discipline team members and facilitate all team activities in all stages of the project
- Facilitate improvement to the project audit and management process
- Ensure that all key information and lessons learned from projects are turned into useful knowledge and imputed into the AVW internal database
Other Duties as Assigned:
- The Facility Manager assumes other responsibilities as assigned
- This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the role of the Facility Manager.
- It is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, and the Project Manager will be required to undertake other duties tasks and projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree qualifications in Construction or Project Management or relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Minimum of 7 years experience managing major projects.
- Experience and knowledge of all of the project management functional areas, tools and techniques.
- Experience in managing contractors in pre and post contract stages.
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role.
- Has more than 1 Project Management or related certification.
Skills and Other Requirements:
- Has good organisational and multi-tasking ability.
- Has good administrative and people skills.
- Is highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Can effectively organise meetings and events.
- Can prioritise workload and multitask.
- At least 1 relevant certification.
- Lives close to the facility.
- Able to organise data efficiently and prepare reports.
- Can perform quality inspections.
- Has good written and oral communication skills.
- Has proven capability as a self-starter and an ability to effectively undertake work independently or as part of a team.
Application Closing Date
8th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online