We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator; Women's Voices and Leadership
Locations: Abuja & Lagos
Reporting to: Project Manager
Slot: 2 Openings
Line Management: Programme Administrator
- The Project Coordinator North (who will sit in AAN Abuja office) will be responsible for project implementation in three project states of Bauchi, kano and Kwara, as well as support interventions at the national level while the Project Coordinator South (who will sit in AAN Lagos office) will be responsible for project implementation in Lagos, Cross Rivers and Enugu States.
- Work with the WVL Project team in conducting Partnership Assessment Model of Local Women’s Rights Organisations (LWROs), networks and movements in project states
- Develop and deploy capacity development plans to address gaps identified from the LWROs/networks/movements assessment in project states.
- Support the planning and delivery of the WVL-Nigeria Annual Conference on women’s rights
- Provide mentoring, coaching and hands-on support in establishing effective systems for planning, monitoring and implementation capacity of the LWROs/networks/movements in advancing women and girls’ rights in Nigeria
- Provide technical support to LWROs in developing Community Based Organisations (LGA) capacity to implement gender equality interventions at community level
- Support the Granting process of the LWROs/networks/movements and work with project management team to ensure LWROs/networks/movements compliance to Grant agreement
- Ensure effective data collection of all activities implemented at the state level by LWROs/CBOs/Networks/Movements
- Provide timely reports to AAN on all activities of the project.
- Submit to Project Manager timely informative reports, showing progress towards outputs and objectives of the WVL-Nigeria project
- Develop concept note for each programme activity for approval by the line manager.
- Submit situational and any other non-routine reports when necessary or when asked to
- Facilitate the sharing of information among stakeholders.
- Submit success stories or case studies on lessons learnt for sharing.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for collaboration and other forms of engagement by AAN outside the ambit of WVL-Nigeria project.
- Participate in and contribute to the development of AAN annual plans and budgets
- Submit timely financial reports on funds released for activities in the project states ensuring compliance with AAN financial reporting requirements.
- Support partners to develop realistic budgets, linking budgets to planned and agreed activities.
- Actively source for and participate in fund raising activity for AAN including developing concept notes and proposals.
- Represent AAN in the state or at national level – including attending meetings on behalf of AAN
- Make presentations at professional meetings and conferences on matters related to WVL-Nigeria project.
- Participate in internal AAN WR TWG meeting to develop strategies for advancing AA Feminist Agenda
- Participate in AAN Project Steering Committee meeting and report progress
- Carry out any other responsibilities assigned by the Project Manager.
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities.
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Certification on Gender Development
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Experience in media relations
- Grant management
- Highly numerate
- Excellent Skills in Programme Information Management
- Mobilisation skills
- Proven Leadership Qualities.
- At least seven (7) years post NYSC experience; 4 of which should be in a similar position in the development sector preferably in gender development and/or women’s rights work.
- Experience working with the Nigerian CSOs in delivering gender and women’s rights interventions at state levels
- Experience in organisational capacity development especially civil society organizations.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Ability to maintain donor relationship and accountability in line with funding policies and standards.
- Excellent skills to motivate and inspire a functional team will be essential
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- A person of integrity, creative and takes initiative, able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- A self-motivated person able to work without close supervision
- Able to effectively promote the AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
3rd April, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter & CV in one document and MSWord attachment to: Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org Subject line of emails must state clearly the title of position applied and location for e.g. Project Coordinator, Women’s Voices and Leadership- Nigeria Project – Lagos & Abuja.
Click Here to Download Application Form (MSWord)
Click Here for more Information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered.
- While we respect all applicants, interview date will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.