Ventures Platform – We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programs Fellow
Duration: 6 Months
- You will play a key role in supporting the Programs Director by ensuring that the desired goals and outcomes of the Directorate are met.
- You would take ownership for the administrative support programs, you will ensure the program design, delivery and documentation is done efficiently, effectively and is adaptive to changing circumstances.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Carry out administrative activities for the Programs team, including program schedules, vendor management, time and resource management and allocation and daily adhoc responsibilities.
- Support the program manager to manage and service relationship with mentors and other stakeholders.
- Maintain a standard operating procedure document and data bank for collecting and collating different kinds of data that could improve program planning. Ensure that the documents saved on the teams google drive folder is always updated and appropriately saved in right folders
- Schedule and organize meeting and travel arrangements. Handle the requisition and retirement of program expenses.
- Provide administrative support for the programs team, Mentors, (which may include matters of strict confidentiality).
- Maintaining a tracking system for major scheduled events and activities. Support the program manager to manage the program calendar.
- Provide cover and support for other members of the team where necessary.
Program Design & Management- You will support the Programs Director in the discharge of the following responsibilities:
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Lead the design, and proper execution of all VP Programs
- Design and executes project work plans to meet the goals and objective of the programs.
- Ensure quality of VP programs through appropriate Identification and allocation of resources
- Lead technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to program standards.
Budget Control- You will assist the Programs Director in:
- Developing a budget and operating plan for VP programs.
- Effectively monitor and manage program budgets.
Quality Program Delivery- You will actively participate in:
- Executing every project with the highest quality and attention to detail
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Championing standardized frameworks and templates for efficient and effective delivery of programs
Stakeholder Management & Communication- You will collaborate with the Programs Director in:
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Prepare quality and timely programs narrative and financial reports as needed
- Analyzing program risks.
Skills & Requirements
- Emotional Intelligence
- Planning/ Prog Dev
- Logical reasoning
- Time Management
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Technical Writing
- People Management
- Pressure bandwidth
- Crisis Management
- Attention to Detail
- Financial Management
- Risk Analysis
- Candidate must have Knowledge and experience in the entrepreneurship space.
Candidate must exhibit the following attributes:
- Understanding of role expectations and be knowledgeable of same
- Exhibit a high level of maturity
- Great sense of loyalty to the Foundation
- Understand the VPF objectives and be passionate about what we do
- Personal growth ambitions must be aligned with the work we do at the Foundation
- Knowledge and experience in the entrepreneurship space.
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online