We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position below within the organisation:
Job Title: Programme Officer, Women's Voices and Leadership – Nigeria Project
Location : Abuja
Responsible to: Programme Coordinator, North (Abuja)
Line Management: None
- The post holder will provide administrative and programme support on the Women’s Voices and Leadership- Nigeria Project.
- The WVL Nigeria is a 5-year project that is aimed at supporting the capacity and activities of local women’s organizations and movements seeking to empower women and girls, advance the protection of women’s and girls’ rights and achieve gender equality.
- Documentation and filing of the WVL Nigeria reports
- Support in the tracking, documenting and maintaining files on key issues in the news that are of interest to WVL Nigeria project in collaboration with the MEL and Communications Officers
- Support in the development of project success stories
- Support in the process of fund advancement and retirement for WVL Nigeria activities
- Support in the procurement processes of services and goods including development of service providers and consultants Terms of Reference and contracts
- Support data collection on the WVL-Nigeria project from the field; the collation and documentation of data for the overall AAN WR indicators
- Support the operationalisation of management information systems for capturing and managing data including baseline and coverage information, emanating from project work in the communities, states and national level.
- Support documentation, information sharing of the WVL Nigeria project activities
- Liaise with AAN Women’s Rights team and other AAN units in ensuring the WVL Nigeria project and core women’s rights programmes are effectively mainstreamed
- Support the WVL Project annual planning and budgeting process
- Any other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Internal Relationships: Entire AAN team
- External Relationships: WVL Nigeria Project Partners and Networks
- First degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities – Essential
- At least three years post NYSC experience two of which should be in gender mainstreaming and women’s rights programming – Essential
- Experience in community mobilization – Essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general) – Essential
- Experience in feminist analysis – Desirable
- Excellent report writing and analytical skills – Essential
- Fluency in spoken and written English language – Essential
- Highly numerate – Essential
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills – Essential
- Multi-tasking skills – Essential
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills – Essential
- Negotiation skills – Essential
- Ability to apply participatory tools – Essential
- Creative and takes initiative – Essential
- Team player – Essential
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment – Essential
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times – Essential
- Self-motivated person able to work without close supervision – Essential
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives – Essential
3rd April 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and kindly complete the "Application Form" below. Application form should be sent in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org The subject line of e-mail must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g. "Programme Officer, Women’s Voices and Leadership- Nigeria Project – Abuja".
Click Here to Download Application Form (MS Word)
Click Here for More Information
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Submitted CVs will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates