European Development Fund (EDF) – Created in 1957 by the Treaty of Rome and launched in 1959, the European Development Fund (EDF) is the EU's main instrument for providing development aid to African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries and to overseas countries and territories (OCTs).
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation
Vacancy code: GOPA/PARCI/MBB/PMMNE/2019102
Contract type: Consultant
Job category: Professional
Department/office: ECOWAS, Dept. of External Relations
Project: EU Support to the ECOWAS Commission through the WAEMU Institutional Capacity Building Programme implemented by GOPA Worldwide Consultants
The ECOWAS Commission adopted in December 2016 the Regulation PC/REX.4/12/16 establishing a Regional European Development Fund (EDF) Cell within the ECOWAS Commission to support the Regional Authorising Officer (RAO). The main objective of the Cell is the facilitation of project programming and preparation, coordination of activities with the different stakeholders, information, communication and training.
The role of the cell is to provide support to the RAO on the following:
- Identification, formulation, programming and coordination of the implementation of EU funded programmes;
- Monitoring and evaluation and audits of the EU funded programmes;
- Coordination among the ECOWAS departments involved in the implementation of the EU funded activities;;
- Dialogue with the EU, West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU), ECOWAS Member States, International Cooperating Partners (ICPs) and all stakeholders involved in the implementation of the EU funded programmes;
- Support the preparation of meetings of the EU funded programmes governance bodies, including the Technical Working Group (TWG/GTT) and the Strategic Orientation Committee (SOC/COS) meetings;
- Follow up and monitoring of the implementation of the decisions of the Strategic Orientation Committee;
- Training to ensure the reinforcement of the capacities in the domains of programming, identification and formulation, implementation and financial & contractual management of EU funded programmes.
- Development of information systems as well as other systems for monitoring and evaluation for the implementation of the programmes at contributing to the efficiency of the cooperation, improvement of the results, easing the information flows among stakeholders.
- We seek to recruit four staff members to be employed in the European Development Fund (EDF) Cell to support to the ECOWAS Commission through the WAEMU Institutional Capacity Building Programme funded by the European Union.
- Effectively coordinate, monitor, and report on EU funded programme
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation missions for the regional/national components of EU Funded programmes.
- Prepare progress reports on the activities of the regional component adopting a holistic view of the
- EU Funded Programmes taking into account the progress of the national components.
- Preparation of reports of the outcome of the regional and overall steering committees to be presented to the participants.
Qualification and Skills
- Degree in Project Management, Law, Economics, Business, Development Studies, Engineering or related disciplines.
- Good knowledge of M&E of programmes.
- Good knowledge of EDF programmes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and at least one of the other two official ECOWAS languages (French or Portuguese).
General Professional Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in international development sector for a public administration or an international regional organisation.
- At least 1 year experience in working in West Africa Region.
Specific Professional Experience:
- At least 3 years’ experience in M&E of which at least 2 years must be in international donor funded programmes.
Conditions of Employment:
- ECOWAS Member State Citizenship is required.
Application Closing Date
Friday, 25th October, 2019. (Time (CET) – 5:00PM)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and include a detail CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.