Stalwart Communities Africa - Stalwart Communities and its strategic partners present a programme of co-ordinated educational and social developments, drawing upon existing community and family strengths, to prepare more children and young people, more thoroughly and more appropriately, for Nigerian life tomorrow and beyond, to promote the skills of teachers, other professionals and community practitioners who will lead this work, and to create sound financial and administrative structures that will ensure lasting success through changing times.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme / Grant Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
- The Programme / Grants Officer (GO) is responsible for supporting a distinct portfolio of program activities. This includes developing grant ideas and proposals, supporting and monitoring grant implementation, closing grants and maintaining all required electronic and paper files.
- He/she will ensure that projects are developed and implemented in a manner that advances project goals and current strategy objectives of the Company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop grant proposals
- Manage all aspects of assigned grant portfolio throughout all stages of project development, implementation, and closure.
- Manage associated timelines and donor reporting requirements for individual grant activities.
- Maintain internal trackers, such as the grant status and closing trackers.
- Monitor grant portfolio pipeline of financial commitments and disbursements.
- Serve as a key point of contact for information on related project issues, coordination with partner organizations and socio-political and development trends.
- Develop project ideas in coordination with Program Team.
- Track overall project development. Engage in overall political analysis, impact assessment, and participate in strategy development to advance the project goals.
- Review and contribute to Final Evaluation Reports and prepare project documents for close-out.
- Travel to project sites for follow up/support on activity implementation, as needed.
- Perform other tasks, as assigned
- Participate in fundraising activities and fundraising researches
- Develop and maintain program databases
- Maintain organization and project calendar and monitor deadlines
- Send out reminders of impending meetings
- Manage strategy objectives/action plan for assigned grant portfolio.
- Draft project ideas with estimated budgets and present them in internal reviews.
- Prepare potential activities in grant database incorporating project objectives, activities, deliverables, monitoring and evaluation plan, media plan, budget, and timeline.
- Ensure compliance with donor and organizational policies, procedures, and regulations, throughout activity implementation. Ensure thorough, audit-compliant documentation.
- Monitor project progress against the approved project implementation timeline; identify delays and work closely with Team to ensure projects stay on track.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Finance, Business Management or a related field is required.
- Three (3) years of experience in grants management is required.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience of working in a complex environment is a plus.
- Excellent verbal communication and writing and editorials skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time-management skills
- Exhibits ability to multitask
- Entrepreneurial and creative.
- Minimum of five (4) years of general working experience is required.
- Prior experience with internationally funded projects is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated experience reviewing and negotiating budgets, reviewing financial reports, preparing for and monitoring audits of grantees, and file management.
- Proficiency at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their Curriculum Vitae and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 9th June, 2021.