Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant at Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD)
Westminster Foundation for Democracy (WFD) is the UK public body dedicated to supporting democracy around the world. WFD works with parliaments, political parties, and civil society groups as well as on elections to help make countries’ political systems fairer and more inclusive, accountable and transparent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA), Global Equality Project
- The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant (PAFA) will primarily be responsible for the management of financial and administrative activities, relating to the delivery of programmes, the PAFA will provide accurate information, coordinating financial and administrative activities, and managing financial processes and procedures.
- The PAFA will assist the Country Representative, Programme Coordinator, and other team members in ensuring financial and administrative activities are in line with donor requirements and with WFD’s operational procedures.
- In addition, the PAFA will provide operational logistics support in relation to the delivery of programmes and general administrative support.
- This is a locally based field role; applicants must be eligible to work in Nigeria.
60% Programme Duties:
The PAFA will provide support to the wider team in the delivery of programmes, coordinating activities with stakeholders, collecting evidence-based data for monitoring, evaluation and learning against programme outcomes. Specifically, the PAFA will:
- Booking of venue, flights, accommodation and organising catering etc for WFD activities.
- He or she will also Organise meetings, provide assistance at events, with visits, while maintaining contacts with stakeholders, donors, local partners and implementing agencies.
- Maintaining record management processes and systems; data entry, recording and tracking all documents; developing databases and tracking reports.
- Assist the team in ensuring all receipts and relevant supporting financial documentation is collected and recording following activities/events.
- Provide administration support to the team; minute taking, drafting reports, photocopying/scanning documents, collecting information and archiving records.
- Any other appropriate tasks/duties as instructed by the team to support the programme.
40% Financial, Administrative & Logistics Duties:
- Support WFD events with the disbursement/transferring of funds to participants for workshops and meetings.
- Collation and payment of WHT deduction for vendors.
- Booking of flight tickets for staffs, participants, and consultants
- Logistics supports relating to co-ordination for workshops, incoming visitors as well as consultant management support to WFD activities, identification of suitable hotels and other venues for workshop delivery. Co-ordinate workshop set-up and ensure hotel reservation with 24hrs confirmation of bookings before arrival of guest
- Keeping records of assets and inventories
- Management of petty cash and procurement activities under agreed budgetary limits as assigned by the CR.
- Liaison with suppliers on procurement of equipment, stationery, and office supply
- Support Finance Officer with compilation of accurate monthly accruals
- Follow up with suppliers, vendors and consultants for invoices and receipt
The Programme Administrative and Finance Assistant is required to demonstrate the following competencies:
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2-3 years' experience working within a similar role
- High degree of accuracy and ability to deliver deadlines.
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and effectively plan and organise own workloads with minimal supervision.
- Degree or qualification in Finance / Accountancy or in a relevant discipline.
Proven programme/project administration experience and skill in:
- Programme (information, data management and impact reporting) systems and process.
- Logistic support- excellent organisation and events management skills.
- Contracting and procurement procedures.
Good financial management experience and skill in:
- Supporting the execution of financial expenditure and controls procedures - cash flows, balance sheets, sizeable budgets (planning, monitoring and reporting).
- Knowledge of internal financial management systems such as MS Dynamics 365.
- Contributing to the development of budget plans.
- Risk and compliance management support
- Operational use of the following SAGE, Excel, Word, Outlook intermediate level.
- Excellent work place level of written and oral communication skills in English.
- Able to communicate with large figures.
WFD’s Competency and Skills Framework:
- WFD’s competency and skills framework describes the behaviours required for each position.
- This position provides a support function within the organisation, candidates applying for this position will be assessed at interview against the competencies relevant for a Support Level position.
£850 per calendar month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis therefore this position may close before the specify closing date.
Application Deadline 8th October, 2021.