We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Media Coordinator
Location : Delta
Duration: November – December 2020
- A professional, motivated, and creative Media Coordinator who will develop and implement the media component under the project, under the direct supervision of the Head of Office and functionally managed by the Media and Communications Manager.
- Specifically, the Media coordinator will manage the media team and the implementation of all the media activities in the Niger Delta; conduct a media campaign to raise public awareness and knowledge around issues as they relate to the local context of the target States.
- The position holder will also follow Search’s media programming approach to create high-quality relevant radio and television programs, that increase public awareness of these issues across the target States and contribute to changing attitudes and challenging stereotypes.
- The Media Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing all the radio and television production and liaising with the partner FM radio and television stations for broadcasting. The position will be based in Warri, Delta and will include frequent travel to the field.
- Responsible for overseeing all the radio and television production and liaising with the partner FM radio stations for broadcasting.
- Work with local radio stations to determine contracts for the broadcasting and production of the discussion programs and promotional jingles
- Work with the DM&E team to use evaluations of Search’s previous radio discussions to adapt the methodology for this project.
- Work closely with the radio stations in each state to ensure timely production and broadcasting of all media programming.
- Ensure the stations are documenting the discussion programs
- Work with the stations to assess listenership and viewership of the programs and adapt content where needed
- Work closely with the station to manage the production of the programs and ensure they have the capacity necessary to document and monitor the programs.
- Oversee the production and broadcast of Radio magazine and radio testimonies
- Develop relations with media actors
- Coordinate with the program teams to integrate program messages into media programming streams
- Contribute to development of implementation methodology for projects;
- Analyze conflict dynamics and feedback information into program design and implementation
- Build relationships with stakeholders at national and local levels ;
- Write narrative reports of the media projects and media components
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Journalism, Communication, Media or related fields
- Additional education in Conflict Management, Media for Peacebuilding, communication for social change would be a strong asset;
- At least 3 – 5 years’ experience as a media producer and/or journalist;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the field of Media Development, Media for Peacebuilding or Communication for social change,
- At least 1 year of experience independently managing projects, preferably in the non-profit and NGO sector;
- Significant experience designing and conducting training courses in journalism and media;
- Experience in media program design, including drama, spots, news & current affairs;
- Track record in delivering effective media/communications/advocacy strategies in support of campaigns and advocacy programmes;
- Good knowledge of the local languages will be an asset.
- Understand opportunities in key Nigeria media markets and thorough understanding of requirements of different kinds of media i.e. print, TV, radio, and online;
- Knowledge of civil society organisations, government agencies, private sector companies and international development agencies, with experience of working in partnership within some of these sectors;
- Written and verbal communications skills including the ability to synthesis complicated policy issues into digestible products and to deal with both elite and popular media and specialist and non-specialist audiences;
- Experience of partnership building, with experience of influencing stakeholders and establishing and maintaining strong partnerships;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to SFCG’s aims and a clear understanding of the links between policy, lobbying, campaigning and media work and of how policy change can be achieved through effective advocacy;
- Organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to responding flexibly to opportunities and requests sometime with little notice;
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrate capacity to adapt to a multi-cultural context, and tolerance and respect to issues related to gender, religion, race and nationality;
- Treats all people fairly without favouritism and solves problems in collaborative ways
31st October, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested candidates will have to send the following below:
- Current resume
- Cover Letter (which includes expectations of compensation and projected start date)
- The system only has the functionality to upload two documents per application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website: www.sfcg.orgfor full details of our work.
- Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict – away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.