MEAL Officer at the Centre For Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI)
Centre For Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is one of the Youth-led organizations implementing humanitarian response to IDPs and other highly vulnerable communities in the North East Nigeria.
As part of CATAI responsibility to meet the set Goal of project activities, the organization is seeking for a qualified hand to handle the vacant position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Reporting: Meal Coordinator
Starting Date: January 2022.
Languages Required: English
- This position's main task is to steer a vibrant M&E Component that will ensure quality assurance support in relation to monitoring, evaluation, and impact assessment of Project activities under this Partnership.
- The incumbent will ensure a high-level quality tracking of all performance measurement indicators and reporting according to the various project requirements.
- The position will be responsible for data collection, storage, and analysis and reporting and will be responsible for ensuring that the capacity of the project is enhanced. This position is project based full-time.
- Lead in the consolidation of the M&E framework for the project activities
- Carrying out M & E support function to the programmes i.e., guide monitoring of the program’s progress and to ensure that the goals and objectives are met, in an approach that gives focus to quality partnerships and addresses the needs of the program target group
- Provide quality assurance support to the Programmes
- Facilitate development of appropriate project monitoring tools, plans and indicator tracking matrices.
- Ensure that the information necessary for regular M&E of project activities is collected and analyzed and in accordance with donor reporting needs.
- Develop, maintain and update M&E database for ease of retrieval of information for reporting and other programming decisions.
- Advise on the strategic program development by contributing to the successful implementation of program objectives. This includes development of systems for planning, management and review of operations
- Support the programme teams in production of timely and accurate reports to meet reporting requirements of donor and other partners.
- Participate in the assessment design of CATAI
- Lead in the writing of regular M&E report briefs
- Represent CATAI in various forums and interact with relevant stakeholders.
- Plan and organize appropriate M&E capacity building trainings/interventions for staffs.
- Coordinate with Sectors IMs to complete data quality assessments and external evaluations.
- Lead and support programme team and partners to conduct periodic project performance reviews and to effectively utilize and share M&E based information. This will include identification of lessons learnt and best practices from their work, and to draw plans to implement action points on emerging issues in order to achieve informed programming and desired outcomes.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the line manager.
Essential Criteria, Knowledge and Experience
- A University Degree in International Policy, Social Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology and related disciplines international development studies or other relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 to 3 years of progressively professional and practical experience in the field of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Experience in facilitation and training in data tools, data collection, surveys compilation, analysis and management of M&E database for effective reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build relationships at all levels, taking into account cultural and language differences and sensitivities.
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English and effective Report Writing skills. Fluency in Hausa Language is an added advantage.
- Computer literacy including Excel, Microsoft Office software, emails, internet.
- Demonstrated high level of conceptual and analytical thinking skills.
- Staff management skills and effective leadership
- Ability to maintain expected performance in diverse contexts, potentially challenging environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.