Joint Venture Accountant at Westsons Limited
Westsons will support your organisation by applying resources to solve complex business challenges; thereby providing a sustainable platform for our clients to build value.
Our primary aim is to be a leading provider of value-adding solutions to our clients by using our extensive repository of knowledge to help them meet their objectives
With the radically changing nature of the business environment, Westsons is poised to hand-hold our clients through the maze of technology implementation, fund raising and organisational development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Joint Venture Accountant
Employment Type: Full-time
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Validation of JV project payments and entries into project accounts with the Contract Administrator, Cost Accountant, and Accounts Payable Manager.
- Validation of JV Project inflows with Production Team and Treasury Operations.
- Preparation of JV financial performance reports on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Monitor and ensure the efficiency and accuracy of internal reporting systems for the purpose of joint venture partner reporting.
- Coordinate and prepare Annual Work Program and Budget (WP&B) for the JV in line with JOA.
- Prepare reconciliation reports of joint venture partner balance sheet accounts.
- Provide supporting financial analysis/documents for WP&B and performance submissions.
- Tracking and reporting of updates on statutory requirements for JVs
- Implementation of internal and external auditors’ recommendations on JV administration and reporting.
- Coordinate, prepare, and submit monthly cash calls to the JV partner, and attend cash call meetings as scheduled.
- Assisting the Finance Manager on other special assignments as may be required from time to time
- Lead the preparation, and presentation of SUBCOM, TECOM, and OPCOM financial briefs in line with JOA.
- Interaction with Project Managers and Technical Operations, for status updates on JV projects and ensure financial performance reports correctly reflect activities.
- Lead the monthly finance performance review meetings with JV partner representatives.
- Ensure proper filing and archiving of all JV reports for ease of retrieval.
- Coordinate the process of audit of the JV financial accounts when required by the JV partner.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Professional accreditation (ACA, ACCA) is an advantage.
- A Master’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 4 - 6 years of cognate experience in upstream oil & gas accounting.
- Joint Venture Accounting, supervisory experience.
- Solid understanding of full-cycle oilfield capital activities and production practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Collection and partner dispute resolution.
- Working knowledge of Joint Venture agreements.
- Ability to analyse AP issues and provide resolution to pertinent parties internally and externally.
- Experience with ERP systems.
N20,000,000 - N30,000,000 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail