Internal Audit / Compliance Coordinator at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization that promotes the peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and Brussels, Belgium, Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from destructive approaches towards cooperative solutions. With more than 600 staff worldwide, Search implements projects in more than 30 countries across the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Internal Audit / Compliance Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Position
- Search is currently recruiting for an Internal Audit/Compliance coordinator to support Search's program based in Borno State.
- The Internal Audit/Compliance Coordinator will mainly monitor and evaluate adherence to project/organizational policies and procedures to meet organizational strategic objectives at all levels of the organization.
- Reporting to the Country Director, with dotted lines to the Senior Manager, Global Financial Compliance and Audit, He or She will work in ensuring the system of internal control is adequate to achieve management objectives in an efficient and effective manner, established procedures are being properly followed, assets are safeguarded and that resources are judiciously utilized, Management information is sound and adequate, risk management and analysis framework including those of partners are developed and enhanced.
- Ensure accurate recording, accounting, and reporting of all financial transactions, review and analysis of reports, development of budgets, and financial management.
- Ensure implementation of HACT financial procedures are enforced in activity expenses.
- Participate in monitoring the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management systems
- Implement initiatives for building the capacity of staff and partners to enhance a 'control environment’
- Ensure adequate preparation for the internal audit and support any spot check and the external audit processes.
- Ensure compliance to AML/CFT regulations
- Participate in data gathering, analysis, risk assessment and risk ranking for audit planning.
- Review of compliance of the financial system, internal controls and organizational policies.
- Plan and perform special investigations of systems, policies, procedures and activities, as required
Qualifications and Competencies
- HND / B.Sc in Accountancy / Finance or related discipline
- Professional qualification (ACA, CA, CPA / ACCA) is mandatory
- Experience working on a donor-funded project is an added advantage
- Professional internal audit/ risk qualification such as CIA, CISA is an added advantage.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or a related field.
- Working knowledge of computerized accounting systems.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, accounting software packages and related report writing modules; Working proficiency with databases, spreadsheets (Excel), and Microsoft Office,
- Strong financial analysis, budgeting, and management skills, written/oral communication skills, and data management, analytical, and computer skills,
- Ability to interact effectively with staff regarding detailed financial information and business-related inquiries into financial matters in a highly diverse multicultural environment,
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork in a fast-paced work environment,
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with the ability to meet prescribed and self-imposed deadlines,
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of Nigerian Financial Regulation and Tax Laws.
- Knowledge in executing and implementing risk assessments and programs in the audit area.
- Knowledge of IFRS Standards.
- Good knowledge of FATF/ AML/CTF laws
- Strong knowledge of UN HACT (Harmonized Approach to Cash Transfer) protocols
- Stakeholder Engagement and Management.
N3,700,000 - N4,560,000 Annual Base Salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
- Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
- All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity - Tenacity - Empathy - Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults
Anticipated Deadline 1st January, 2022.
Application Deadline 25th November, 2021.