Solidarites International is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 38 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. Currently present in Nigeria since 2016 and is present in North Eastern part of Nigeria. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North West region of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hygiene Promoter
Employment Type: Full Tme
Description of the Position
- Under the direct supervision of the Hygiene Promotion Team Leader, the Hygiene Promoter is in charge of setting up all activities related to improving hygiene good practices including needs assessments, activities’ implementation and monitoring and project evaluation.
- The hygiene promoter is responsible for realization of hygiene promotion campaigns, surveys, cleaning campaigns, distribution of hygiene kits
- He/She maintains good coordination with the WatSan team, and community mobilizers in order to ensure the quality of the implemented activities and provide technical support for all hygiene related issues
- He/she ensures that SI’s technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of Main Tasks
Evaluate hygiene risk:
- Through field visit, observation and survey the Hygiene Promoter should be able to identify and evaluate the hygiene risk among the community.
- The hygiene promoter will assess situation and practices on water management and sanitation, (drinking water source, collection, transport and storage, water treatment, food management, waste management and sanitation)
Under the responsibility of the team lead, participate in the logistical and administrative organization, planning and preparation of field operations:
- Identify local resources capable of helping in the preparation and accomplishment of the activities of Solidarités International
- Remain in touch with the population and local authorities to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation taking into account the production problems / Do No Harm policy for the population
- Apply safety & security procedures in field operations
- Present the population and local authorities with the nature of field operations
- Conduct sensitization activities with beneficiaries:
- Using Solidarités resources
- Sending messages determined by the Solidarités International official in charge of operations
- Adapting methods to the different populations
- Taking into account the production problems / Do No Harm policy for the population
- Helping identify and train key persons regarding the sensitization themes
- Participate in the creation and monitoring of committees, and the training of its members
- Monitor and distribute sensitization activity reports
- Organize and participate in distribution activities
- Participate in the beneficiary identification process
- Ensure the completion and filing of distribution justification documents.
Reporting / Communication:
- Keep files and monitoring archived at the Solidarités offices accessible to the team leader
- Under the supervision of the team lead, redact activity reports
- Collect and transmit to the team lead or program in-charge statistics related to the sensitization and training activities
- Participate in seminars and training workshops useful to the accomplishment of sensitization activities and the attainment of project objectives
- Report to team lead on the evolution of activities and specific tasks assigned, problems encountered, quality of relations with beneficiaries and the involvement of communities
- Remain in touch with the population and local authorities to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the activities of Solidarités International, and in terms of operations perceptions
- Raise any information or difficulties related to Solidarités International activities or security issues
- Collaborate with the administration and local authorities
- Minimum of a B.Sc. or HND in Social Sciences
- 1-2 years’ experience in humanitarian activity with minimum of 1 year in an emergency project.
- He/she is in charge to create awareness of the Solidarités International programs throughout targeted communities.
- The community mobilizer could be asked to take part in training or distribution activities
- He/she participates in monitoring the implemented activities and assessing new needs
- He/she participates in the collection of data, mapping and general information on communities and in the identification of the beneficiaries within the communities
- Experience to lead various capacity building initiatives with strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must be fluent in one of the local language (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa)
- He/she has Good computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel).
Application Closing Date
17th January, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select "Hygiene Promoter – Maiduguri", fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.