SOS Children's Villages Nigeria (SOS CV Nigeria) is one of 136 Member Associations working under the umbrella of SOS Children’s Villages International, an international non-governmental social development organization. We have been active in Nigeria since 1973, with footprints across the country in: Isolo (Lagos State), Owu-Ijebu (Ogun State), Jos (Plateau State) Ibadan (Oyo State), Kaduna (Kaduna State) and Gwagwalada, (Federal Capital Territory).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Humanitarian Program Manager
Location : Maiduguri, Borno
- We are currently implementing a Child Protection and WASH project in two communities in Maiduguri Municipal Council. In the bid to expand our services to reach more children from our target group, we urgently require skilled individuals to fill the above position.
We Are Searching For
- We are looking for a Humanitarian Program Manager who will also serve as the Head of Office for our North East program currently covering Borno state with the prospect of expanding to other states in the North East Region.
- Based in Maiduguri, with occasional travel to other locations, the position will be responsible for all aspects of programmatic, financial and administrative coordination and leadership of the office and various programs.
- Principle tasks will be to oversee the entire North East regional program portfolio, determine appropriate implementing mechanisms to achieve projects’ strategic goals, serve as the primary program liaison for donors, partners and stakeholders in the region, oversee regional-level planning and budgeting, and reporting/evaluations, ensuring compliance with management and financial procedures and overseeing and managing the security of teams and organizational assets.
- The position will report to the National Emergency Response Coordinator. The Working language for this position is English.
- Master's degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Law, Political Science, Development Studies, etc. However, a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant international development experience can be substituted for the Master’s degree.
- At least 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the successful implementation of international development activities, with preference given to conflict mitigation and/or violent extremism prevention programs – at least three (3) years of which must be in senior program management, including direct supervision of professional and support staff.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Child Protection, WASH, FSL and other sector programming areas.
- Demonstrated high experience with proposal development, budgeting, project development, fundraising, report writing, and grants management
- Significant experience in project management at a high level in a non-profit environment
- Previous management experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge or experience of donor guidelines.
- Experience in security management.
Other Relevant Experience:
- Deep understanding of the social, political and conflict dynamics in Nigeria
- Demonstrated skills of using different conflict analysis frameworks
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Excellent working knowledge in English
- Attitude for teamwork and good leadership skill
- Knowledge using qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis tools
- Knowledge of early warning systems
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize workflow to tight timeframes, handle multiple tasks, and be flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to deal with stressful situations.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Important Information / Notice
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- The web form above is the ONLY approved platform for submitting your application. Ensure your application is submitted once. Duplicate application is not allowed.
- In accordance with the Organisation’s Child Protection Policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. Good Luck!!!