Human Resource Assistant at Care Best Initiative (CBI)
Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The HR Assistant will assist the HR officer to recruit, support and develop talent through developing policies and managing procedures.
- S/he will also be responsible for administrative tasks and contribute to making Care Best Initiative (CBI) a better place to work.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions,posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop training and development programs
- B.Sc / BA in Business Administration, Social Studies, or relevant field; further training will be a plus
- 1 - 2 years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in MS Office; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability.
- HR Credentials (e.g. PHR from the HR Certification Institute)
- Proven experience as an HR officer, administrator,orother HR positions
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th July, 2022.
By submitting your application for this position, you agree to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse, and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
- This is emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter, and CV together in Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview