Grants Assistant at the British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Assistant
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: Fixed Term ending 31 January 2023 (with possibility of extension)
- The post holder will support the coordination and management of JCS programmes’ grant process.
- The post holder will work closely with and support the Grants Officer, other Grants Assistants, M&E lead, and component teams in planning, implementation and management of the programme grant process, ensuring effective monitoring of implementation of grants to sub-grantees in line with programme’s grants manual, strategic direction and in line with clients requirements
- Financial or Accounting University Degree
- Experience of working as part of a successful team/function
- Demonstrable experience in interpreting donor budget
- 3 years of experience in Grants administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience of supporting grants and internal stakeholders / external partners management
- Experience of working in a full cost recovery project and international NGO
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality at all time
Role Specific Skills:
- Grant management skills
- Skills in managing relationship with sub grantees and other external stakeholders
- Time management skills
- High proficiency in the use of MS office tools (intermediate excel skills)
N6,154,368 / Annum
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
- Additional Information: All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria.
- Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
- If you have any problems with your application please email [email protected]
- Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted
Application Deadline 12th June, 2022.