Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer – (m / f / d) – National
Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
- In support of our work in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria, Malteser International is looking for a motivated
- As the Finance Officer you will be responsible for the finance related tasks of the Malteser International Programme in Maiduguri. Within these responsibilities, you will need to ensure compliance with Malteser International’s and donor administrative, financial, safety and security and logistic procedures in the work.
- Keep and maintain the cash boxes and assist in booking all expenditures in the Malteser International Finance booking system
- Support the Finance Officer in reviving and drafting all required finance supporting documents
- Provide all required information and documents for the financial report (Finance Officer provides the reports)
- Coordinate well on a daily basis with the Administration department (Logistics and Finance) and other program staff
- Report all difficulties and relevant information to the supervisor, as well as all relevant issues concerning safety, security, and success of the program in a timely manner
- Take responsibility in representing Malteser International towards the local population, authorities and other (I)NGOs
- A minimum qualification of a First Degree in Financial Accounting, Business Administration / Management or related field
- Willingness to be an active role model towards the target population, by adhering to a healthy personal behavior and lifestyle
- Non-judgmental and supportive attitude towards colleagues and beneficiaries regardless of their background, political affiliation, or religion
- A minimum of 3 – 4 years’ work experience in Finance or related areas with an INGO
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including being a good team player
- Excellent English language proficiency (written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook (or a similar software)
- Start Date: October 2021
- Duration of contract: 3 months with possibility of extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th September, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit ds6.rexx-server.com .