Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Reference No.: 210000OR
Team / Programme: ANRIN Project
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Reports to: National Accountant
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Level 2 – The responsibilities of the post does not require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
- As part of the Finance team, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting effective Financial management and administration processes for the Nigeria CO programme.
- He/she will support Nigeria Finance team in areas of; electronic archiving of financial documents, Accounts reconciliations, and other Finance Administrative duties as per SCI guidelines.
- He/she will effectively interact with a diverse group of stakeholders, manage expectations and duties according to the agreed timelines. He/she will be required to back stop for field offices whenever the need arises
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal job descriptions and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability:
Financial Support Roles:
- Raise cheques approved by relevant budget holders/finance and taking them to approved signatories for signing.
- Perform bank related activities; picking up monthly bank statements
- Support in the payments of participants and other beneficiaries.
- Maintain update of GLACOS on daily basis
- Assist in the remittance of statutory payments (Pension, NHF, NSITF, WHT, PAYE) on/before the due date
- Requesting and Collection of Finance unit office stationary and consumables from the Admin office for day to day business activities.
- Support in the verification of all assets
- Reconciling and matching of transactions on the system on weekly basis
Archiving of Document Role:
- Ensure all payment and journal vouchers are electronically archived on monthly basis
- Review monthly TL to ensure all vouchers for transaction posted to system are completely filed
- Properly label all files and arrange vouchers in their appropriate folders on the shelf for easy retrieval.
- Support during audits to retrieve selected samples a week before the commencement of any audit exercise
- Return all vouchers to their appropriate box files after the conclusion of any audit exercise
- Assist during audit to retrieve all relevant documents for audit exercise
- Produce soft/scanned copies of documents for retention purposes.
- Keep a standard record of document retrieval and return log
- Verify all transactions and ensure that the relevant supporting documents have been filed
- Maintain a filing system for all transactions
- Support in maintaining soft copy archiving system
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or line manager
- Internal: All budget-holders, field offices and other staff members
- External: Auditors, Bank, Government bodies, regulatory agencies
- A HND / B.Sc in Accounting
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work within a multicultural and multi-religious settings
Skills And Behaviours (Our Values In Practice):
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself and the team, takes responsibility for his own personal development and encourages team members to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Application Closing Date
15th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online