Finance Assistant at International Rescue Committee
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Requisition ID: req22468
Location: Gwoza, Borno
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Finance Assistant is to assist the senior Finance officer by managing the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department, responsible for Cash processing and record-keeping of the day-to-day transactions in accordance with IRC policy and procedures.
- To assist the Senior Finance Officer in ensuring that timely and accurate payments are made.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of payment documents in compliance with IRC and Donor policies and procedure
- Coordinate with district teams for advance issuance and their timely adjustment of advances & Training documentation.
- Ensure completeness of supporting documents in all respect which includes authenticity of signatures, cross-checking attendance sheets, and verifying payments to be made
- Posting all vouchers into the transaction spreadsheet on daily basis for review by the senior Finance Officer. Ensure that all information in the spreadsheet is correct and complete.
- Processing of petty cash transactions on daily basis. Ensure petty cash is replenished on time to meet daily cash needs. Carry out cash count as per the IRC policy and schedule. Document the cash count sheets for records.
- Prepare all payments and make sure that they are properly coded and supported with relevant necessary documents.
- Act always in accordance with local law and standards of accounting practice.
- Review budget with the aim of gaining a clear understanding of budget guidelines and instructions
- Review funding allocations to enable proper guidance to programs and proper coding.
- Provide training to program staff on finance issues.
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports to be reviewed by your supervisor.
- Assist senior Finance office in monthly bank & account reconciliation.
- Ensure all the financial documents are properly filed & tagged.
- Paid stamping of all the invoices and related documents before filing.
- Ensure timely preparation of tax & deposit into the bank.
- Visit Bank for necessary collection & submission of financial documents.
- Photocopies & scanning of all necessary documents/Instruments.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Senior Finance Officer
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirect Reporting: Finance Coordinator, Finance Manager and Senior Area Manager,
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: Field coordinator, IRC Gwoza sector leads
- The requirements should establish a baseline (minimum) for educational background, previous work experience, professional knowledge or certification, specific skills and strengths and any other skill necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- HND or a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from a recognized College / Institutions
- Work Experience:
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional accounting experience.
- INGO Finance experience is highly desired.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work in high-pressure situations, solve problems and resolve conflicts.
- Able to independently organize work, prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to coach and support others.
- Fluency in local context language is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply