We are a leading source of capital, capacity building, support and advocacy for under-served entrepreneurs, communities and institutions, enabling them enhance the creation of wealth and development in Africa. We are an impact-driven tribe, thinking people first at all times. When our people (team, beneficiaries, and partners) succeed, we succeed. We deliver quality results with innovation, professionalism, and excellence. If it’s not excellent, then it’s not Ventures Platform . We welcome debate, but remain a close-knitted family. We help each other grow in every way and at all times. The success of one is the success of all. We are purposeful and deliberate, not moving wherever the wind of circumstance blows us but staying the course of our vision with agility and grit. We are humble, frank and always strive to be helpful in a fun and safe working environment.
Finance & Admin Officer
This role is responsible for all finance and administrative functions on all VPF Projects.
Budget Preparation & Management
- Carry out the estimation of project expenses
- Ensure that anticipated costs are estimated and expressed in a monetary amount that is reasonable and tied to project objectives and work plan.
- Provide Justification for budget line items
- Perform cost-effectiveness analysis
- Budget Performance Management
Timesheet design management and tracking
- Design and development of all VPF project timesheet
- Track & compute project resource costs in line with completed timesheet
- Work with the broader Finance team to initiate & complete payment of Project resource persons
Project Financial Reporting
- Generate and prepare accurate periodic financial reports for submission to project donors or in line with signed grant agreements.
Documentation and reporting
- Keep track of all expense documents
- Proper matching and filing of payment receipts & associated documents, for easy retrieval
- Updating all VPF project finance records
- Generating other finance & admin reports as required by the Programs Directorate
- Maintaining a good working relationship with key stakeholders on all VPF projects
Files & Records
- Maintain shelves where files are kept and arranged according to projects and other purposes to aid easy retrieval and replacement, and carry out regular review of the filing systems (both physical and electronic) for decency, rearranging the files where necessary – Review Quarterly
Skills & Requirements
- Excellent computation and accounting skills
- First-rate customer service skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of complex computations
WHO YOU ARE;
- A Chartered Accountants
- Experienced in Timesheet usage and management for both local and international NGO
- Experience managing payroll for NGO
- Have a minimum of two years experience in the NGO or INGO
At least one international degree in Finance or accounts will be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ventures Platform career website on emp.jobylon.com to apply
To apply for this job please visit emp.jobylon.com .