Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Enrolment Data Assistant
Ref No: 210005GF
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Post Type: National
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To support the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) unit and programs in implementing accountability activities which would range from daily visit to project locations with volunteers to get complaints, escalate them to the appropriate unit for them to be solved,
- Input complaints into the Christian Aid Complaints database and produce periodic reports.
- The role holder is expected to have a basic knowledge of the Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP) guideline, Core Humanitarian Standard (CHS) principle and other relevant accountability guidelines.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: MEAL Coordinator
- Staff directly reporting to this post:
Key Areas of Accountability
- Develop monthly work-plans from the work-plans of other units
- Ensure through a systematic way that during distributions, helpdesk/information table are established to the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions.
- Lead in the handling of the Save the Children International toll-free line
- Support training sessions of relevant staff members to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms and information provision plans.
- Support the entry of complaints into the Save the Children International’s Complaints and Feedback database
- Prepare Bi-weekly reports showing the various categories of complaints and the status of the complaints
- The role holder will have contact with partners, volunteers and stakeholders at state level. Internal: The position is line managed by the MEAL Coordinator.
- Has a key role in ensuring good relations with other roles in programmes, finance and logistic and procurement
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills
- A University Degree / HND with at least one year working experience with an I/NGO
- Ability to speak Kanuri and Hausa fluently.
- Knowledge and use of mobile data collection technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages.
- Good communication skills. (written and verbal)
- Willingness and ability to interact with community stakeholders and displaced persons in the various project locations
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5th August, 2021.