The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) represented by the ECOWAS Commission now invites suitable candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor
Departement: Auditor General
Division: Internal Auditor (Commission + Agencies)
Line Supervisor: Principal Internal Auditor Commission + Agencies
- Implement comprehensive internal audit programs covering all risks relating to the applicable areas of intervention and in line with applicable professional standards, guidelines and planning.
- Execute and improve of the institution’s governance through offering valuable input to Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) and other risk management tools.
- Execute and positively contribute to the performance of risk-based audit activities on the ECOWAS institutions and Agencies as will be instructed.
- Prepare, document audit process, present objective reports that reflect audit results, make reasonable and objective recommendations on the systems and procedures being reviewed and monitor management’s response and implementation.
- Assist in the coordination of audit activities as per the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual.
- Ensure the timely completion of internal audit engagements.
- Record, compile and summarise all findings related to audit programs in audit files for review by a supervisor.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions.
- Improve or adapt as needed audit programs in accordance with the annual audit plan.
- Engage in continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Ensure that professional internal auditing standards are followed.
- Maintain healthy working relationships with managers at all levels.
- First degree or equivalent degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field is required. A master’s degree will be an advantage.
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), or equivalent from a university of recognized standing.
- Bachelors Degree in a finance, commerce or related field.
- A minimum of Five (05) years of progressively responsible professional experience in audit, finance or related area is required.
- Proven and hands-on experience in public sector auditing.
- Very good practical knowledge of SAP.
- Knowledge of auditing standards and practices, risk assessment, and applicable financial rules and procedures.
Knowledge and experience of auditing in an ERP environment (SAP for instance) and using specialized IT audit applications.
Citizenship and age:
- Must be a citizen of any country in the ECOWAS Community
- The maximum age for the recruitment in a professional position is 50 years old. This rule does not apply to existing employees.
- Proficient in oral and written languages of French, English or Portuguese and a working knowledge of a second language.
Annual Salary: 23,724 UA – 28,590 UA
Application Closing Date
25th February, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more Information