We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Finance & Field Operations
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Duration: 2 years renewable.
- We are looking for an Associate, Finance and Field Operations for a donor funded project in Borno. Northeast Nigeria. The Associate will be responsible for supporting our day-to-day transactions, including expenses and payroll, including processing payments, maintaining cost reports and managing invoices. The candidate is expected to be a part of the procurement team to strengthen controls in accordance with CIVIC and donor procedures.
- The post-holder provides key support to several functions within the team including, but not limited to project financial management, Grants, aiding the Project Manager on programmatic and general administrative tasks.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The position will report to the Project Manager.
- Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Support the coordination of relevant project BvA processes.
- Prepares state quarterly and annual statements by assembling data.
- Complies with state and federal tax filing requirements by studying regulations; adhering to requirements; advising management on required actions; calculating quarterly estimated tax payments; assembling data for quarterly and annual tax filings.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; developing recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts.
- Updates project knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices;.
- Accomplishes finance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Tracking grants spend and provide relevant data for decision making
- Support the creation of a good award file system ( electronic and hard copies)
- Maintain an updated program equipment, tools and accessories in liaison with Logistic and Admin including those of program partners supported by CIVIC.
- Support, planning and programming work to be done quarterly in reference to the workplans
- Support the upholding the donor rules and regulation/compliance issues
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of first degree or HND in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Prior NGO experience 2 – 4 years within a complex /large scale country program
- Must have completed NYSC
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work proactively and flexibly alongside a wide range of team members A flexible approach to work, with understanding of team working in a rapidly changing environment and at times under extreme pressure
- Ability to solve problems, work under own initiative and see tasks through to completion
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Finance Officer or similar role
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions)
- Familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks)
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Proven organisational and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills and experience of tracking and monitoring budgets; budget planning, phasing, forecasting and reporting experience; experience of working to tight budgets
- Ability to reside/travel frequently within the activity locations
- Understanding of and commitment to development work
6th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online