Accountant Payable Executive - Coordinator at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are currently looking for the position below to join our team:
Job Title: Accountant Payable Executive - Coordinator
Location : Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to contribute to restoring CAF’s reputation and elevate the organization to the highest international standards.
- Directly involved in the processing of payments for staff and vendors.
- Provide support to the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Receive and stamp invoices from departments and proceed with the payments. (Transfers and Cheques)
- Prepare journal entries for accruals before Posting.
- Assist the Finance Department in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearly book close.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Prepare daily transactions list and assist in reviewing expenses and payables.
- Support in the execution of any further task assigned by the line manager.
- Communicate and coordinate with departments to solve any issues concerning payments.
- Track payments to internal and external parties.
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that the information is accurate and immediately available when needed.
- A minimum of First Degree in Accounting / Commerce with at least 2 years of working experience managing vendor and staff payments.
- An MBA or part-qualified accountant (CPA/ACCA/ESSA/CIMA) will be a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in finance or accounting related areas preferably in an international organization.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in another official CAF language (French or Arabic) is an asset.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Stakeholder management and Influencing skills.
- Hands-on experience in usage of Microsoft suite of applications.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension scheme.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications (Cover Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English or French to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- The position will be based at CAF headquarters in Cairo (Egypt).
- Only direct applications meeting the required criteria will be considered, regardless of gender, age, and nationality
Application Deadline 15th January, 2022.